The Wilmette Arts Guild is a highly inclusive, not for profit corporation founded in 1988. The mission of the Guild is:
- To bring together persons and businesses interested in the charitable and educational fields of art.
- To provide a location for the arts to be practiced, taught, and exhibited in Wilmette, IL.
- To create opportunities for citizens to appreciate, participate in and contribute to art in Wilmette, IL.
Working with business leaders and village government over the years, the Wilmette Arts Guild has made art available throughout Wilmette. Artists who wish to exhibit in one of the sites, submit their names and are chosen by lottery. At present there are twenty Wilmette locations available for artists to display their artwork:
The Wilmette Arts Guild hosts three shows a year:
The Student Show, open to all junior high and high school students who attend school in the New Trier district. In addition to awards, two scholarships of $1,000 were given this year. This show is held in February.
- The Members’ Show, open to all W.A.G. Member-Artists, this show takes place in April.
- The Photographers’ Show, open to all W.A.G. Member-Photographers, the show schedule will to be announced as soon as arrangements have been finalized.
- Our members come from every community on the North Shore as well as Chicago. We have members from as far away as Maine, Florida, Wisconsin, Texas, California, New Mexico, Ohio and Indiana. We are a growing organization, whose membership is open to all.
Hover mouse over images for information. Click to enlarge.